FL Senate Bill 78 will be heard in Committee next week, Thursday, Feb 18 at 9 am. Please call the Committee members and say you OPPOSE this bill. This Anti-Union bill SB 78 (Rodrigues) Dues and Uniform Assessments continues to move in the Florida Senate. It is strongly opposed by public union employees because it is unnecessary and inserts employers into their decision-making process regarding union dues deductions from paychecks.
Talking points for the bill are below, along with the contact information for the members in the Rules Committee who will hear this bill Thursday Feb. 18 at 9 am.
- This bill is unnecessary because Florida laws governing union membership already require employees’ written authorizations to collect dues and to stop collection of those dues if membership is withdrawn.
- This bill intends to cripple Florida’s public unions, especially the largest of those–the politically vocal and female-dominated teachers’ union.
- This bill insults the intelligence of public employees, who are primarily women, and insinuates they are unable to make their own salary deduction decisions without employer confirmation.
- This bill intrudes into the employee and his/her union authorization for the first time in history.
- This bill forces the employer and union employee to reauthorize union membership with unnecessary paperwork burden every time a new contract is signed.
- This bill’s onerous administrative burden is intended to bust public union membership over time, eventually forcing union decertification and loss of collective bargaining representation.
Please contact the following Senators on the Rules Committee prior to Thursday, Feb 18th and tell them you OPPOSE this bill.
|Chair: Senator Kathleen Passidomo (R)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5028|
|Vice Chair: Senator Ileana Garcia (R)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5037|
|Senator Ben Albritton (R)||albritton.ben[email protected]||(850) 487-5026|
|Senator Aaron Bean (R)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5004|
|Senator Lauren Book (D)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5032|
|Senator Randolph Bracy (D)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5011|
|Senator Manny Diaz, Jr. (R)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5036|
|Senator Gary M. Farmer, Jr. (D)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5034|
|Senator Joe Gruters (R)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5023|
|Senator Travis Hutson (R)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5007|
|Senator Bobby Powell (D)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5030|
|Senator Kelli Stargel (R)||[email protected]||(850) 487-5022|