The days since Hurricane Ian decimated our beautiful county have been so very hard. We hope you, your family, and your community are safe and on the road to recovery. If we can do anything to help, please contact us so that we can connect you with the services you might need. Go to www.charlottedems.com or call (941) 764-8440.
As a resident of the communities hit hardest by Hurricane Ian, you may be overwhelmed, and the last thing you may be thinking of is the upcoming election. The purpose of this message is to provide you with information to ensure you can vote when you are ready.
1. Enroll in Vote By Mail. It’s fast, secure, and the easiest way to vote, especially as we recover from Hurricane Ian. Simply call the Charlotte County Supervisor of Elections at (941) 833-5400 and tell them you’d like to sign up. Once you receive the ballot (it usually takes 3-4 days), use this slate card to fill it out, and then drop it in the mail. Easy! Please note that October 29 is the deadline for having your VBM ballot mailed to you. After that, you will have to go to the Supervisor of Elections office (226 Taylor St. Punta Gorda) and pick it up in person. Please also mail the ballot back as soon as possible; it needs to arrive at the Supervisor of Elections office before 7pm on November 8.
2. If you are already enrolled in Vote By Mail but are displaced (or have lost your mailbox), and cannot receive mail, please call the Charlotte County Supervisor of Elections at (941) 833-5400 to provide an alternate address where the ballot can be mailed.
3. If you would Vote Early in Person, the following four Super Voting Center Locations will be open to any Charlotte County registered voter regardless of their precinct. These four Super Voting Centers will be open 7am – 7pm, October 24 through November 7.
- The Historic Courthouse, 226 Taylor St., Punta Gorda
- Englewood Annex, 6868 San Casa Dr., Englewood
- Murdock Circle Admin Building, 18500 Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte
- Jarrett Ford Dealership, 3156 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte
- A fifth Super Voting Center location might be available at the Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center, 75 Taylor St., Punta Gorda. Please check on the Supervisor of Elections website to make sure this location is in fact available before going there (www.soecharlottecountyfl.gov)
4. If you would like to Vote on Election Day in Person, 11 additional Super Voting Centers will be available. Please check the Supervisor of Elections (www.soecharlottecountyfl.gov) website closer to Election Day for specific locations.
We believe the residents of Charlotte County are strong and resilient. Uniting in purpose and using the power of our vote, we will rebuild our communities for a better and brighter tomorrow.
Teresa Jenkins, Chair
Democratic Party of Charlotte County