In light of this report, here are some additional questions raised about Scott’s self-serving agenda and conflicts of interests that he will have to answer, one way or another:
- How much did Scott personally profit by speeding up permitting for a controversial oil pipeline that his blind trust was also invested in?
- How much did Scott personally profit by granting a controversial taxpayer funded incentive package to a company that his blind trust was also invested in? Did he invest in any more companies that he’s given state incentives to?
- How much did Scott personally profit by creating Florida Polytechnic since his blind trust held investments in a development company seeking to capitalize on newly valuable land around the school?
- Just what in the world is Rick Scott’s wife actually invested in? We’ll find it out all those details.
- Was Scott invested in health insurance companies while him and his administration kicked children off their special health plans and forced them onto private plans run by Scott’s donors?
- Was Scott invested in companies doing business with Venezuela when he backed off his pledge to boycott them?
- How many more oil and gas companies did Scott invest in after being told of Donald Trump’s plan to expand offshore drilling? How many lobbied for Trump’s plan? Is Scott still invested in drilling in the Everglades?
- How many jobs did companies Rick Scott invested in ship overseas in 2017?
- Was Scott invested in Meredith or Time while they laid off 500 workers in Tampa?
- Did Rick Scott invest in Florida’s electric utilities while he and his appointees were allowing them to hike rates on Floridians?
- Is Scott still invested in drug companies that are fighting against measures to control the price of drugs, like allowing Medicare to negotiate its prices?
- Did Scott invest in any companies that committed Medicare or Medicaid fraud, like the company Scott used to run?
- How many billions of dollars did companies Scott was invested in make off the GOP Tax Scam that Scott fought for and personally benefitted from?
- Did Rick Scott increase his investment in health insurance companies as he crafted the GOP’s health care repeal plan?
- Did Rick Scott reinvest in health care clinics like Solantic so he could once again profit off the uninsured?
From Caroline Rowland, Florida Democratic Party Spokeswoman: “For years Rick Scott has used his power to enrich himself and pursue his own self-serving agenda at the expense of Florida’s middle-class families. If he decides to run for Senate, he’ll face a new wave of revelations highlighting his conflicts of interest, shadowy finances and how he’s utilized the governor’s office to put more money in his own pocket — while driving wages for hardworking Floridians to amongst the lowest in the entire nation.”