Congressman Greg Steube of U.S. Congressional District 17 which includes Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Englewood, Babcock Ranch, North Port and other areas in Sarasota County, has failed us. He must be replaced this November.
The list of Steube’s failures is long, but here are a few of the worst.
- In March, 2022, Steube opposed a bill to control the cost of insulin;
- In November, 2021, Steube voted in opposition to the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, legislation which is now bringing much needed revenue to Florida communities;
- In June, 2021, Steube voted against giving Congressional Gold Medals to Capitol Police who stopped the January 6 insurrection;
- In May 2021, Steube voted against a commission to investigate the January 6 attack on the Capitol;
- In March of 2021, Steube opposed the re-authorization of the Violence Against Women Act, opposed HR 1 to prevent corrupt money in politics, and the Floyd Justice in Policing Act.
This fall, voters should consider Democrat Andrea Doria Kale to be our District 17 Representative. As outlined on Kale’s website (www.andreadoriakale.com), she is practical and down to earth. She will do a great job representing those of us who live in Southwest Florida.
William Welsch, Punta Gorda